Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Wrapped Pineapple Tarts


I love this recipe. This year I managed to bake 3 different tart pastries for my pineapple tarts and I have to say I like this best thus far. The pastry is buttery, creamy and it melts in the mouth. I was quite unsure when I first made the dough. It looked so soft & gooey; I really had doubts wrapping the pineapple fillings but thankfully it all turned out fine. Although it was still soft after chilling in the fridge, the dough was oily and didn't stick to my hands. It helped when I rubbed a little butter on to my palms and I also noticed that it was easier to work when the dough is chilled. So I worked in small batches while leaving the balance in the fridge to chill. The initial tarts were huge like golf balls but gradually I got the hang of it and managed to make dainty little balls. I would also like to add that I rolled all my pineapple fillings into balls before wrapping them. It's much speedier that way. Anyways, huge or not, they finished in a flash. Daddy ate like 5 to 10 balls in a go. As for Fat cheeks, I had to ration her portion as we're both very prone to throat infections and pineapple tarts definitely don't help. =)



Ingredients:
- 250gm butter (salted)
- 75gm caster sugar
- 170gm cream (It's exactly 1 can of Nestle cream)
- 50gm cream cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 400gm cake flour
- 30gm corn starch

For glazing:

- 1 egg yolk 


Method:
- Cream butter, cream cheese & sugar till well combined
- Add Nestle cream and continue to cream for 5 mins
- Gradually add in egg yolks till well incorporated
- Add flour in 2 portions and mix over low speed till dough comes together (do not over mix)
- Cover & chill dough in fridge for 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 deg c
- Roll pineapple fillings into balls
- Wrap fillings with dough
- Glaze with egg wash 
- Bake for 20 mins or till golden brown



No comments:

Post a Comment