Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Stained Glass" Cookies

Here's our 2nd batch of cookies we made on Christmas Day itself. It's made with the same sugar cookie recipe that I have been using only that I've used a smaller cookie cutter to cut the middle portion and filled it with a hard candy for the stained glass effect. For the cookies here, I used Fox candy. I simply unwrapped candy from the wrapper and placed it whole in the cut-out then baked it as usual. For the smaller cut-out cookies, I outlined them with royal icing then dipped it with coloured caster sugar. I quite like the effects. =)


To make coloured sugar for decoration, you'll need:
- a small container with a tight lid
- a few tbsps of caster/fine grain sugar
- a few drops of food colouring of your choice


Method:
- place sugar in container, add food colouring
- place lid on, make sure it's secure, then shake vigorously till sugar is coated with colour


No comments:

Post a Comment