Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mini Xmas House

This year as part of our Christmas activity, I thought it'll be fun to build a gingerbread house with my darling Fat cheeks. I remember that IKEA used to sell the ready-made DIY kits so I was really disappointed when I couldn't find it. Perhaps I was too late in my shopping. Anyways not wanting to disappoint my baby, I thought we could build our "gingerbread house" with regular crackers instead. We had a gooey messy but very fun giggle-ly time building our houses. We were suppose to build a house each but Fat cheeks was over ambitious and her mini house collapsed coz it was just too heavy with candies. =)

Here's the recipe for the royal icing which I used to glue the house and the candies with. You may wish to half the recipe if not building many small houses.

Ingredients:
- 1.5 tbsp meringue powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbs water

Method:
- Mix all ingredients and use electric mixer beat for 5 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment