Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Strawberry Buttercream Cupcakes

We made this last week as part of Fat cheeks birthday celebration. Each and everyone of them is prettily decorated by my darling baby herself. We had loads of fun & the buttercream was delicious. Unfortunately over the weekend, baby caught a flu bug & has been sick since. The infection was bad with persistent fever;  I spent the last few nights sponging  her. Today finally her fever is under control much to my relief. Nothing makes me happier then to see her up and about with her non-stop chatter. Already she's asking me when our next cupcake session will be.  =)

For the cupcakes, I used the same recipe as my steamed cakes but instead of steaming, I baked them in the oven at 180 deg c for 10mins till golden brown. I personally like the texture very much. It's light, fluffy and it complemented the buttercream very well without making it heavy. As for the buttercream, I reduced the icing sugar as I didn't like it too sweet. We will definitely be doing this again very soon. 

Ingredients:
- 110g butter (I used salted ones)
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp of starwberry preserve (or jam)

Method:
- sift icing sugar to get rid of lumps
- cream butter till fluffy
- add sugar & continue creaming till light & fluffy
- fold strawberry preserve
- spoon or pipe on to cake
My pretty Fat cheeks in her princess costume celebrating her birthday in school

No comments:

Post a Comment