Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pineapple Tarts

My 1st batch of pineapple tarts this year. They look pretty decent don't they? My little kitchen helper was fantastic. She helped me roll the filling into little balls and even tried her hand at cutting out the tarts. =)  The pineapple filling were store bought, I just make the pastry. The pastry is really nice; It is fragrant, soft and melts in your mouth. I adapted the recipe from The Little Teochew's blog here.

Ingredients:
- 400gm plain flour
- 50g corn flour
- 6 tbsp of icing sugar
- 300g unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 1tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt

Method:
- sieve plain flour, corn flour, salt & icing sugar into big bowl
- rub in butter till it resembles breadcrumbs
- add yolk, milk and vanilla
- combine to form dough, wrap with cling-wrap
- chill dough in fridge for half an hour
- using cutter, cut out tarts & place pineapple filling in middle
- preheat oven to 160 deg c
- glaze with egg yolk and bake at 160 deg c for 20 mins (I didn't glaze my tarts, I like them this way)

5 comments:

  1. very pretty tarts jen! which brand of pineapple paste did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fatabulous!!!! Too bad we don't have any ready-made pineapple filling here. My friend and I are planning to bake some new year's cookies too, when she's back from M'sia... or maybe I should just ask her to buy new year's cookies back? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you J3ss. I bought the pineapple filling from Prime supermarket. Sorry I can't remember the brand. It's not bad, not too sweet.

    Sylvia, must bake la! There's where the fun is~! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely and like little sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for dropping by Hanushi. The tarts do remind me of sunflowers that I love, bright & sunny. =)

    ReplyDelete