Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Waffles

I have a new toy! Hubby got me a waffle maker! Yay! I've always wanted it so when hubby saw one on sale, he grabbed it for me. How sweet! =) It's been sitting in its box for a couple of weeks coz I've been real busy & stressed at work. Didn't have the time or mood to do much. Today however, I've decided to try my new toy out. Once again my kitchen helper, little Miss Fat cheeks helped me whipped up the batter. =) I'm quite sure she'll be a better cook when she grows up. I'm just so proud of her. The waffles turned out really nice. It's the way I like it. Crisp on the outside, light & fluffy inside. Honestly, I was quite surprised. I didn't expect a simple no fuss recipe like this to turn out this nice. It's a keeper. Fat cheeks had her waffles with vanilla ice cream while I had mine with Nutella. I wanted to have another with honey & butter but just didn't have the space in my tummy. Next week perhaps. =)

Ingredients:
(makes 6 pcs)
- 125g self rising flour
- 5g baking powder
- 20g sugar
- 30g melted butter (I used salted butter)
- 125g milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg

Method:
- preheat waffle maker
- mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl
- in separate bowl, beat egg, milk, butter & vanilla till frothy
- pour into dry ingredients, mix till well blended (but do not over mix)
- ladle into hot waffle maker
- cook till golden & crisp
- serve warm


2 comments:

  1. Nice Waffle. I like the shape of the waffle maker. What brand ? take a picture and share lei. Expensive or not ? I got 1 liao, the round one but still tempted. hahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brand is Cornell. I think hubby bought it for $29.90 at Courts. Will take a pic & upload soon! This waffle reminds me of A&Ws breakfast waffle. Nice! =)

    ReplyDelete