Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Marble Cake

Wow time flies, I didn't realise my last entry was almost a month ago. I had a wonderful short break and my hands have been itching to bake since then. If only I had more time!! This week, I've decided to bake marble cake. It was one of my favourite cake when I was a child, the combination of butter & chocolate is just heavenly. This recipe I found has a secret ingredient...rum! The original recipe calls for 2-3 drops of rum essence but I used a tsp of the real thing. The cake turn out to be really light and fragrant. You can't really taste the rum, but it give a very pleasant aftertaste. Very very nice, another addition to my to "make again" list. =)

Ingredients:
- 170g butter, soften at room temperature
- 110g sugar
- 210g cake flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp rum
- a pinch of salt
- 3tbsp of milk
- 3tbsp of cocoa powder

Method:
- preheat oven to 180deg c
- grease loaf pan ( I used my 8" x 4" pan)
- beat butter & sugar till pale & fluffy
- add vanilla essence and rum
- add one egg at a time while beating at high speed
- sift flour and fold into batter in 2 stages
- fold in milk
- take out 1/3 of the batter, fold in cocoa powder
- pour batter into tin while dropping cocoa batter randomly then use chopsticks to create marble pattern
- bake for about 45 mins then test with skewer
- cool for 5mins then remove from pan


No comments:

Post a Comment