Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Vanilla Ice Cream Charlotte Cake


Happy Father's Day! To celebrate today, I've attempted to make a Vanilla Ice Cream Charlotte Cake using the ice cream I've made yesterday. I baked basic sponge cake for the base & the sides. I then pipe hazelnut cream, which is just mixing Nutella & whipping cream on top & finishing it off with assortment of nuts in the middle which I've stir fried in butter with a sprinkling of brown sugar. I'm quite pleased with it and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will taste good. We'll be enjoying the cake with my in-law's this evening. My concern is that the ice cream melts pretty quickly. Let's hope it get there in one piece.



*Update:
The cake turned out fantastic! Everyone was impressed. =) The sweet crunchy nuts complemented the cake very well. Should have added more. Next round I'll try something fruity. Forgot to add that the ice cream was pretty smooth & creamy. Probably not as velvety as a machine churned one but nevertheless it tasted great.

2 comments: