Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fluffy Pancakes


It's a lazy Sunday morn and I thought I'll cook up something simple for breakfast before heading out to church. I still have caramel sauce left over from my ice cream making last week. So I've decided to make pancakes to go with it. I found this slightly different recipe where you whisk up the egg whites then fold it into the main batter. It gives a really light & fluffy pancake. I also made some whipped butter to go with the pancakes. I'm not sure why but the whipped butter has a stronger favor but yet it feels very light at the same time. Totally yummy!! =) Fat cheeks alone ate 3 pancakes! Hubby enjoyed it too, he says no need to order Hotcakes from McD le! =)

Ingredients:
(Makes about 10 small pcs)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp sugar

Method:
- sift dry ingredients
- in separate bowl mix yolks, milk, melted butter till smooth
- make well in dry ingredients, add wet ingredients all at once
- stir till just combined
- whisk egg whites & gradually add in sugar till soft peaks form
- fold egg whites in to batter, add more milk if too thick
- heat pan, smear with a little butter then cook pancakes

Whipped butter:
- 110g butter, soften to room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk

Method:
- add milk to butter, whisk at slow speed
- when it's well combined, whisk at high speed
- store in fridge when not in use

No comments:

Post a Comment