Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blueberry Butter Cake


It's a lovely Sunday today and I managed to sneak some time to bake this Blueberry butter cake! So happy =). Blueberries were on sale when I went grocery shopping on Friday. I went ahead to get them keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to do some baking with them during the weekend. I browsed through my library of recipes and found this. It's a simple recipe and Fat cheeks enjoyed creaming the butter & sugar. The end product is not bad but I thought it tasted a little eggy. Next round, I will try adding a tsp of vanilla essence and maybe a little lemon zest.

Ingredients:
- 225g butter, soften
- 160g castor sugar
- 5 eggs
- 200g cake flour, sieved
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g fresh blueberries

Method:
- grease an 8inch round pan
- preheat oven to 180 deg c
- cream butter & sugar till pale & fluffy
- add eggs one at a time (ensure the egg is properly incorporated into batter before adding next egg)
- fold in flour
- pour half the batter into pan, arrange half of the blue berries on batter
- pour rest of the batter over blue berries then top with balance of blue berries
- bake on lower rack for 40mins
- cool cake then remove from cake pan

No comments:

Post a Comment