Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Muah Chee


I saw this Muah Chee recipe from one of the cookbooks I borrowed from the library. Have always wanted to try to make this. Since I'm in the mood today, I gave it a go. The ingredients and method is fairly simple but do not try this recipe if you hate washing up. Cooking the muah chee is a sticky gooey affair. Be prepared to scrub your pots with some elbow grease. Overall, my muah chee turned out not bad, I was pretty pleased. I roasted the peanuts & sesame seeds myself, so it was really fresh & fragrant.

Ingredients:
- 240g glutinous rice flour
- 50g castor sugar
- 2tbsp cooking oil
- 350ml water

For dusting:
- 1 cup peanuts (roasted, skinned & milled till fine)
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds (toasted & milled till fine)
- 3tbs cooked glutinous rice flour or koh fun
- 41/2 tbsps caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt

Method:
- Bring water to a boil, add sugar, oil & glutinous rice four
- use a pair of chopsticks to mix them together
- place dough in steamer & steam for 25mins
- remove from steamer, using a pair of chopsticks again, stir in one direction (this will help dough become Q)
- combine dusting ingredients, place dough in dusting ingredients, cut into small pieces, serve

No comments:

Post a Comment