Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I made these for brunch last weekend. We love nuggets but instead of indulging ourselves in the unhealthy fried ones, I decided to try this. Turned out not bad. Fat cheeks says it's yummy & gave me thumbs up. Honestly, dunno if she's just trying to make me happy coz initially she took a bite and made a face. When she saw my disappointment, she quickly ate up and tells me it's yummy. Isn't she the sweetest thing?! It can't be compared to the fried ones ofcourse, but for a healthy alternative it tasted pretty ok to me. I also made some into burger patties for hubby & he had no complaints. If you would like to try, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
( I managed to shape 2 burger patties & about 10 small nuggets)
- 1 tube soft tofu, mashed
- 200g mince chicken
- 1 boiled potato, mashed
- 1 samll onion, minced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- a pinch of dried parsley
- salt to taste
- pepper

Method:
- mixed all ingredients & shape
(I oiled my cookie cutters & place them on baking tray, then shape a tbsp of mixture into a ball & pushed it into my cutter. Press down mixture with fingers, then lift cutter)
- bake at 200deg c, at least 10mins on each side till golden brown
- serve warm
.

No comments:

Post a Comment