Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baked Meatballs with brown sauce


Once again it's the weekends. I had a peaceful morning coz Fat cheeks was downstairs with her Daddy at the playground. For lunch today, I've decided to make meatballs. Fat cheeks loves it and we usually have our fill at Ikea. Ikea's Swedish Meatball recipe can be found here but since I didn't have all the ingredients, I modified it a little. To make it healthier, I've choosen to bake it instead of frying it. The baked meatballs were tender, moist and delicious. I served my meatballs with fresh Focaccia bread I baked this morning and edamade. Fat cheeks can't have enough of it, she finished every single crumb on her plate and kept asking for more =). This will be another frequent dish in our home.

This is what I did:

Ingredients for meatballs:
- 250g mince beef
- 250g mince pork
- 1 egg
- 2 chopped onion
- 3 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 3 tbsp instant oats
- 5oml of milk
- a good dash of dried parsely
- 1tbsp of oyster sauce
- salt & pepper

Method:
- stir fry onion in a little olive oil till brown, set aside to cool
- mix wholemeal flour, oats & milk till it forms a thick paste
- mix browned onion, flour paste and rest of ingredients
- shape into balls & placed on lined baking tray
- drizzle a little olive oil over meatballs
- bake at 190 deg for 20-25mins or till golden brown
- serve warm with brown sauce

Ingredients for sauce:
(these made alot of sauce, next time I'll half it)
- 4-5tbsp butter
- 2-3tbsp plain flour
- 100ml milk
- 200ml beef stock
- salt & pepper

Method:
- melt & brown butter slightly over low heat
- add flour & mix well (at this point, it will thicken & be slightly lumpy)
- add milk then beef stock, use hand whisk & mix well
- season with salt & pepper
- serve warm & drizzle over meatballs



No comments:

Post a Comment