Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Kueh Makmur (Peanut Ghee Ball Cookies)


Can't believe CNY is just round the corner!! We just returned from a wonderful holiday & I'm still too lazy to start any serious spring cleaning. I'll start with baking 1st. =) I've always wanted to try my hand at cny goodies & now's the best time to have fun! Kueh Makmur is one of my favourites. I remember loading on these in my younger days. Now I've got to watch it...just can't afford the calories (especially now that I know goes into these). I made the effort to fry & de-skin the peanuts myself. It really does make a difference. The cookies are very fragrant & it melts in your mouth. Hope my In-laws will like them too.

Ingredients:
- 500g cake flour
- 350g peanuts
- 250g ghee, melted & cooled
- 100g sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- approx 1 cup of icing sugar for coating

Method:
- fry flour over slow fire till its dry, light & does not stick to the side of wok, leave aside to cool
- fry peanuts over slow fire till fragrant, de-skin, cool then grind into fine powder
- combine flours, peanuts, salt & sugar, mix well
- add eggs & ghee
- combine till dough forms
- shape into balls
- bake at 180 deg c for 10-15mins
- leave to cool on tray for another 15-20mins
- lastly, coat with icing sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment