Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chocolate Chip Orange Cheesecake

Happy 2010 everyone! It's a new year, new start, new goals. It's scary how time flies. In an blink of an eye, I've stayed home for half a year now. Time to sit down & reflect on the past year and plan what I want to do.

We had a gathering on new year's eve at a friends place and I made Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. I'm glad it was well received, I like it very much myself. Rich cream cheese with a hint of orange over crunchy oreo crust & smatterings of chocolate chips. Yumz.

Here's what I did:

Ingredients:-
(makes an 9" cake)

Crust:
- 11/2 cup oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
- 2 packets of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp of orange juice
- 1 cup chocolate chip

Method:
- Mix melted butter into crushed cookies & spread on top of 9" cake pan
- Cream cheese, sugar well then add eggs & flour, continue to cream
- Add milk & sour cream, orange juice & zest, cream till well incorporated
- Pour over crust, sprinkle choco chips over the top
- bake in water bath at 160deg c for 50 to 60 mins
- cool in oven with door slightly opened for another hour
- chill in fridge for at least 4 hrs or overnight
- serve chilled




No comments:

Post a Comment