Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Apple Lemon Yogurt Cake



Apple Lemon Yogurt Cake...sounds like a mouthful doesn't it? The original recipe comes without the "apple". I added apples coz I had some in the fridge & I thought it makes a great combination. And?? It tasted fabulous! The apples adds texture & tartness to the very light & fragrant cake. Very nice! Great for afternoon tea. =)



Here's what I did:
Ingredients:
(makes 8 cupcakes)
- 75g butter
- 90g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp of ground almond
- 100g self raising flour
- 100ml plain yogurt (I used low fat ones)
- 1 apple, cubed (I used green apple)
- small amount of brown sugar

Method:
- Preheat oven to 190deg c
- Beat butter & sugar till pale & fluffy
- Gradually beat in egg, bit by bit
- Add lemon zest, sieve in flour & ground almond. Stir well.
- Fold in yogurt till well combined
- fill half of cupcake mould, add apple cubes then fill with batter up to 3/4 full
- to make the cupcakes look pretty, I used cookie cutter to cut a few pcs of apples & placed it on top of the cupcake.
- sprinkle brown sugar on the top
- bake for 20mins
- serve warm or at room temperature


No comments:

Post a Comment