Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Banana Cake


Every week when we return to our in-laws place, we always come home with bags full of fruits & food. This week Dad in law gave us a bunch of bananas. Hubby was going to Manila for work for a few days so I knew we wouldn't be able to finish it. With that in mind, I went to dig up any recipes that had to do with banana & I found this Banana Cake recipe from Baking Mum.

The cake turned out really fragrant & yummy. I always had the impression that banana cakes are dense & heavy but not this one. It was light & crumbly with a hint of buttery fragrance. I totally love it. I visited my friend Debbie at the hospital today & brought some over for her to try. Am so glad she loved it too.

Here's the recipe to share:

Ingredients:
- 180gm butter
- 150gm sugar
- 2 large egg lightly beaten
- 250gm cake flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 220gm banana mashed (I added a tbsp of orange juice to the mashed banana)
- 50gm evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 banana sliced

Method:
- preheat oven to 175deg c
- cream butter & sugar till light & fluffy
- add eggs gradually
- add milk, mashed banana & vanilla essence
- add shifed flour & baking power
- mix well
- pour into 8inch cake pan
- arrange sliced bananas on top
- bake at 175deg c for 50 to 60mins
.

No comments:

Post a Comment