Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Baked Potato Pumpkin & Cod Fish Croquettes

The title alone sounds complicated but it's not at all. Hubby is away at work in Taiwan. This weekend, it's just me & Fat cheeks. I wanted to make her something she likes but yet nutritious. So I came out with this croquette which encompasses all the above ingredients. It turned out to be pretty yummy. Nice & crisp on the outside with savoury softness inside. We had it for lunch & when dinner came, she asked for more & both of us fought over the last morsels of it. =) Next time I'll try substituting cod fish with mince chicken, tuna or ham.

Here's what I did:
Ingredients:
(I manage to make 10 med sz patties)
- 4 med potatoes (steamed till soft)
- 1 small wedge pumpkin (steamed till soft)
- 1 small white onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsbsp mayonnaise
- 3tbsp of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small pc of cod fish, steamed & flaked (about size of my plam)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg for coating
- Japanese breadcrumbs
Method:
- Mash potato & pumpkin with fork
- Add all other ingredients except eggs & breadcrumbs
- shape potato mixture, coat with eggs, then with breadcrumbs
- place on tray lined with baking sheet, bake at 200deg c till light brown
- serve warm

4 comments:

  1. OMG, that looks delicious. I am gonna try this today, but I'll cut the mayonnaise (I am alergic). Yet, I hope it will be delicious, and will drink a cup of wine for you :)

    Any dessert to recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will enjoy the croquettes. We didn't have anything special for desserts, just ice cream for my girl. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES it's yummy! I had one myself!!
    Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come often...more goodies for u to try. =)

    ReplyDelete