Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Almond Peach Tart

It's been quite some time since I've baked something. Today I happen to crave for tarts and so I decided to try this. Thus far, I've never done any tarts since I've started this blog. I have to say, it's really not bad. A nice change from cakes. I've also added wholemeal flour to the base & that gives it a really nice nutty flavour. Yummlicious. I should have sliced the peaches to make it look prettier but was too lazy. =)

Ingedients:
(Makes a 7 inch pan)

Pastry:
- 70g plain flour
- 30g wholemeal flour
- 50g unsalted butter
- 30g sugar
- pinch of salt
- a few tbsps of cold water

Almond cream:
- 25g powdered almonds
- 1 egg
- 40g sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- few drops of vanilla extract

- 1 small can of peaches

Method:
- mix both flour in a bowl, rub butter into flour with fingers till resemble breadcrumbs
- add a few tbsp of cold water till dough comes together (do not over work dough, just mix till it comes together, wrap in cling wrap)
- rest dough in fridge for 1/2 hr
- mix powdered almond, egg, sugar
- add cream, melted butter & vanilla, set aside
- roll dough out & fill pan
- prick holes & bake at 180deg c till light brown (approx 10mins)
- fill half the tart with almond cream, arrange peaches in tart
- fill with remaindng almond cream
- bake at 180deg c for 20-25mins, till almond cream sets



No comments:

Post a Comment