Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Thin Crust Pizza


I made pasta last night with my homemade tomato sauce. This morn, hubby requested me to use the left over sauce to make him a pizza and I found this recipe in one of the chinese cookbook I've borrowed. It looks very simple so I decided to try it. Turns out that the crust is thin and crispy but it tasted more like a pie crust. I think I prefer the slightly thicker more bread like version. I topped my pizza with tomatos, beef sausage, olives, onions and red/white cheddar cheese. Yummzzz...

Here's the recipe for the crust:

Ingredients:
(makes 3 20cm diameter pizza)
- 200g all purpose flour
- 4g salt
- 105ml water
- 12g unsalted butter (I replaced this with olive oil)

Method:
- Add flour, salt & water & mix till combined
- Add butter & knead to from a smooth dough
- wrap dough in plastic wrap & rest for half an hour
- grease pan, divide dough into 3 & shape dough into a round 20cm diameter pan
- Spread sauce & sprinkle toppings
- bake 10 to 12 mins till crisp & brown
.


No comments:

Post a Comment