Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Orange Chiffon Cake


Last weekend we stayed at the Safra Changi Chalet. We were really looking forward to this coz the only other time Fat Cheeks had stayed out was a year ago at Sentosa with my in laws. This time round my bro in law organised this so everyone went! Imagine all the food, the majong & poker sessions. I do not know how to gamble, so for me, I was just excited to bring fat cheeks to the beach to build sand castles & of course swimming in the pool!! We both had loads of sun & fun. She also basked in everyone's attention. Everyone brought a little something special for her, little packs of chocolate, jelly beans, chips...u name it, she has it. She was really spoilt for choice! Hahaha.

I made assortment of wholemeal buns & orange chiffon cake to share at the chalet. I love the orange chiffon cake. It was really soft & moist.

Here's what I did:

Ingredients (A):
- 4 egg yolk
- 85g orange juice
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 15g caster sugar
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 tsp orange essence
- pinch of salt
- 95g cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder

Ingredients (B):
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 70g caster sugar

Method:
- preheat oven to 175 deg c
- use hand whisk & mix egg yolk, orange juice, corn oil, 15g caster sugar, zest, essence & salt well
- shift in four & baking powder
- in seperate bowl, whisk egg whites & cream of tartar till foamy
- add sugar gradually till stiff peaks form
- fold egg whites into yolk mixture in 3 portions
- bake 30 to 35 mins




No comments:

Post a Comment