Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Gula Melaka Chiffon Cake



I've been under the weather lately. Cold chills & body aches but thankfully nothing serious. I didn't have much appetite to eat but yet I was craving for chiffon cake. I rummaged through my kitchen & found the ingredients for this cake. I was too lazy to go get coconut milk, so I replaced it with low fat milk. It was still yummy but I can imagine how rich it would be if I used coconut milk. Very soft, moist & fragrant. The crust was especially tasty. Needless to say, Fat cheeks loves it. =)

Ingredients:
(makes a 21cm tube pan)
- 4 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 95g cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 95g gula melaka (chopped into small pcs)
- 65g coconut milk

- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 30g caster sugar

Method:
- Preaheat oven to 175 deg c
- Melt milk & gula melaka then cool
- Shift flour, salt & baking powder
- Mix egg yolk, oil, gula melaka with milk & flour till well blended, put aside
- Whisk egg white & cream of tartar till frothy add sugar gradually & whisk till stiff peaks form
- Fold 1/3 of egg whites into flour mixture, then fold in the balance
- bake for 40 to 45 mins
There are dark brown specks in the cake coz I didn't dissolve the gula melaka properly. There were still bits & pieces here & there. But I kinda like it, it tasted like caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment