Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chocolate Banana Cake


Since I've been feeling down these days, I thought I'll cheer myself up with something really sinful. Presenting my chocolate banana cake! Yumz. I adapted the recipe from one of my cut outs from Woman's Weekly years ago. It's really simple & easy to clean up coz it only involves 1 mixing bowl. Such a breeze to make & delicious too. I slice the cake into 2 and sandwich it with banana slices & chocolate ganache. Unfortunately being the ken cheong spider I am, I didn't wait for it to cool sufficiently before removing it from the mould. As a result, huge cracks appreared. Bah!! Nevermind la, didn't intend to share it anyways. As long as it's yummy. =)

Ingredients:
(makes a 20cm cake)
- 125g butter, soften at room temp
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 bananas

Chocolate ganache:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream

Method:
- grease 20cm cake tin, sprinke base with baking powder
- combine butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa, soda bicarbonate & milk with an electric mixer on low until just combined
- then beat on medium speed till smooth
- pour into pan & bake at 180deg c for 45 mins
- cool before unmoulding cake
- heat up whipping cream over hot water, stir in chocolate
- stir till smooth
- slice cool cake into 2
- arrange banana slices then top with chocolate ganache then replace cake layer
- spread balance of chocolate ganche on top
- serve cold

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, this bake is really tempting and the cake look so moist. I like it. Hmmm... will give this recipe a try meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it Yin, it's really not bad at all. =)

    ReplyDelete