Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Strawberry Yogurt Muffin Cupcake


Muffin Cupcake?? Err...coz it was suppose to be a cupcake recipe but I thought it turned out to be more like a muffin. I had the sudden urge to bake last night and I didn't prepare anything special. There was a tub of strawberry yogurt sitting in the fridge, so I went to goggle strawberry yougurt recipe and found this. The muffin cake has a nice crust and is soft inside. It's not too sweet so it might be a good cupcake recipe for frosting. I have yet to get my piping bags & stuff, so can't do any frosting yet. Can't wait to try frosting and start decorating my cupcakes. =)


Ingredients:
(Makes 12 cupcakes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 113g butter ( I always wonder why the odd number...there must be some magic formula...hahah)
- 1 large egg
- 150g strawberry yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (I didn't have this and left it out, maybe tat's why mine more like muffin??)
- 1/4 tsp salt

Method:
- preheat oven to 180 deg c
- cream butter and sugar till light & fluffy
- add egg till smooth
- fold in yogurt and vanilla
- sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- divide flour into 2 portions and fold flour into egg mixture twice
- pour batter into baking pan lined with cupcake cups, fill 70% of cup
- bake for 20mins

No comments:

Post a Comment