Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Home Style Tomato Beef Pasta

I'm sure from my previous posts, you can see we are a pasta loving family. We have pasta almost every other weekend. It's fast and easy to cook. No need to crack my brains over what to eat or cook. This week I made homemade tomato beef sauce and served it with spaghetti. Fat cheeks and daddy loves this.

Here's how I made my sauce:

Ingredients:
(serves 3-4)
- 250g mince beef (marinate with 1 tbsp oyster sauce & pinch of salt & pepper)
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 stick of celery, cut into cubes
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 can of tomato (You can used whole or dice)
- 1/2 can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of water

Method:
- Heat wok & fry onion till translucent
- Add carrot & celery, fry for 3mins
- Add mince beef to veggies in wok & stir fry till it's brown over medium heat
- Add tomato paste, can tomatoes & 1 cup of water, mix well
- Stir in chopped garlic, let the sauce simmer for 1/2 an hour
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Serve with your fave pasta, garnish with parmesan cheese and parsely

No comments:

Post a Comment