Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Chocolate Gateau



This thurday is my dad in law's birthday and I would like to bake him a cake. With that in mind, I thought I better "practice" first, hence my very over decorated practice cake today. My cake recipe is from Happy Home Baker (http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com/2008/05/chocolate-gateau.html).

Today marks my 1st time piping whipping cream and making fondant. Overall, I'm quite proud of my achievements. Though I have no piping skills to speak of (they are infact horrifying!) but I was glad the fondant flowers turned out pretty. So this thurs, I'm gonna omit the whipped cream and stick to making fondant flowers. =) The cake itself is delicious and almonds give it a interesting texture. Am keeping my fingers crossed for this thurs.


No comments:

Post a Comment