Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blueberry Cheesecake

Blueberries are in season. A punnet of blueberries cost only $3.95 at NTUC. Since they are affordable & in season, I decided try them in one of my baking experiments. Flipping through my ton of cookbooks, I found this recipe which looks really yummy. It's Chocolate Cheesecake with Blueberries from Alex Goh's Fantastic Cheesecake. This is also my 1st time making a baked cheesecake. To my surprise, it was not too difficuit to make. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

The cake was creamy & luscious but not overly so. The blueberries and lemon balances the richness, making it just right. Unfortunatley, it's not too great for the waistline (just look at the ingredients!!)...but a small piece won't hurt ya?? Hahaha...anyways I shared the cake with friends at a gathering and the reviews were good. Not something that I will bake frequently...especially if I still want to fit into my already and still very tight jeans. =)


For the base:
- 200g Digestive Biscuit, finely crushed
- 100g melted butter

Method:
- Mix biscuit base till well blended & press onto bottom of 20-23cm springform tin.
- Refrigerate for 15mins until firm.

Filling:
- 500g cream cheese
- 150g white chocolate, melted
- 5 eggs
- 200g sour cream
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest, grated
- 100g whipping cream
- 100g blueberries

Method:
- Cream cream cheese & sugar till smooth
- Add melted white chocolate & mix till well blended
- Add eggs, one at a time and cream till well combined
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and grated zest mix until smooth
- Add whipping cream and cream till well incorporated
- Sprinkle blueberries all over the base and pour filling over the blueberries
- Bake in water bath at 160deg for 60-70 mins or untill just set
- Turn off oven, remove water bath and leave cake in over with door slightly open for 30mins
- Remove cake from oven, set aside to cool then refrigerate for 5 hours
- Release cake from tin & serve

4 comments:

  1. yummy.. i want to try out baked cheesecake as well especially all my nieces & newphews love cheesecakes.

    btw.. u left ur job? how come u are temp SHM.

    Anthea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I just left & helping hubby at the moment. Hubby started a co. & is running one man show. I'm helping with the finance & admin and ofcourse also part timing as cleaning aunty at home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    It looks yumilicious!

    I do not get to make cheesecake very much cos the folks at home dun like... tsk tsk!

    Can you keep 1 for me pls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cookie, fortunately for me all at home love everything and anything cheese. =)

    ReplyDelete