Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gyoza Dumplings

I made Gyoza today. They are pretty easy and quite delicious. I used to buy the frozen ones then realised that they really aren't that difficuilt to make and fresh is definitely much tastier. Good for days when I don't feel like doing any serious cooking. I was too lazy to make the skin, so I simply bought the ready made ones at the supermaket. It worked well, not too thick or floury.

Here's how I did my Gyoza:

Ingredients:
- 200g mince pork
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp of grated ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped pre-boiled cabbage
- 2 tsp spring onion
- pepper to taste
- ready made dumpling skins (available from NTUC)


Method:
- Combine all ingredients & mix till sticky (prefably with your hands)
- Wrap filling in dumpling skins
- Place gyoza into hot pan, fill with boiling water till it covers about half of the gyoza
- Cover & allow to steam till water dries off
- Once dry, drizzle oil on to pan & let bottom of gyoza brown
- Note: at this stage, do not move them around, if not skin will tear & get stuck onto pan
- When gyoza is nicely browned, they will come off pan easily
- Serve hot with vinegar and ginger sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment