Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Creamy Cheese Croquettes

Hubby loves the Potato Croquettes served at Sakae Sushi. They aren't difficuilt to make but making them can be messy. He's just been back from a business trip and was all tired and stressed. So to cheer him up a little, I decided to make them for dinner tonight. To make it a little more special, I added cream cheese filling in the middle. It tasted really yummy, golden crispy crust, soft creamy cheese and fluffy potato were just perfect! I baked these instead of frying them, so it was not oily at all. Less mess for me to clean too. Hubby had 3 words to say while gobbling them down "Wah....GOOD leh!" Hahaha...


Here's what I did:

Ingredients:
- 2 big potato
(I prefer steaming them, boiling them seems to dilute its taste)
- 1 tsb of cream / milk
- 1 tsb of mayonnaise
- small cubes of cream cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- breadcrumbs

Method:
- skin, cube then steam the potato till soft
- when potatos are done, add cream, mayonnaise and season with a good dash of salt & pepper
(I was quite generous with the salt if not the potato will taste bland)
- mash the potato and mix well
- shape mashed potato into balls, make an indentation in the middle & put in cream cheese cube
- seal/cover well & reshape patty
- roll the patty in egg wash then cover in breadcrumbs
- lighty pat breadcrumbs into patty to make sure they stick
- preheat oven at 200 deg, and bake patties for 10-15mins or till crust are golden.


Sorry, the last pic was a little messy coz we couldn't wait to get started on it. =)

2 comments:

  1. My kiddos will loves this cheesy. I will give this a try, healthy choice of no deep frying required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, baking it is so much easier. I hate frying stuff.

    ReplyDelete