Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bacon Carbonara Pasta

Fat cheeks had this last weekend at Waraku Pasta with my FC buddies. She was slurping it all the way and finished most of the generous portion served to her. It looked so delicious, I decided to try to make it at home. I used Angel Hair Pasta for this dish but I think spaghetti works better. Hubby says it's good...but he's got to humor me, if not no more home cooked food for him. Hahaha =)


Ingredients:
- Pasta of your choice
- 150g bacon bits
- 1 med onion, cubed
- 100g cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- shredded Mozzarella & red cheddar cheese
(I bought these value pack cheese from Cold Storage which cost $2.99)
- Grated Parmesan cheese


Method:
- cook pasta as per package instructions
- while waiting for pasta to be ready, prepare sauce:
- stir fry onions till fragrant, add bacon bits
- when bacon are browned, add chicken stock
- add cream and mix well
- season with good dash of pepper (I didn't add any salt coz the cheese and bacon gave enough saltiness)
- pasta should be ready by now, drain and add to bacon sauce
- at this point, also add paremesan, cheddar & mozzeralla cheese
- using chopsticks or tong, mix pasta & sauce well
- serve hot

The cheese will thicken the sauce, so it doesn't matter if it looks to watery in the begining.





1 comment: