Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bacon and Luncheon Meat Buns


My bacon and cheese bun


Buns!! Yes, I'm baking buns again. This time round, I tried a different dough recipe and hand kneaded the dough for about 15-20mins. The results were wonderfully soft fluffy light bread (and toned arms too coz they gave me a good workout! Haha). While watching one of the programe on Asian Food Channel, I discovered that the secret to kneading bread dough is actually streching it. Using the heel of our hands, we're suppose to push the dough as far as we can, then fold it back. Repeat the steps for 15-20 mins & ta dah...soft fluffy bread.

This is where I got the bread dough recipe from, fantastic blog with detailed illustrations: http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com/2008/06/sausage-cheese-rolls-with-hand-knead.html

I made bacon cheese buns and lucheon meat cheese buns. Decadent? Hahaha...well, that's the beauty of making your own buns. You can create whatever your heart desires.

My luncheon meat & cheese bun

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Just come to say that I'm really glad that you like it! ^ ^
    Pook

    ReplyDelete