It's the long weekend but boy was it exhausting. Hubby was down with virial infection while Fat Cheeks was down with an ear infection. So I spent most of the long weekend nursing them & disinfecting the house. To make sure I didn't fall sick, I took my multivatmins, drank loads of herbal tea and water. Thank God that helped keep the virus at bay =).
Since they both didn't have much appetite, I've decided to make something soupy. While they napped, I made this simple Yong Tau Foo meal. I tried to "niang" the fish paste onto the egg tofu after dusting it with corn flour. Unfortunately, it didn't stick well coz it came off after a while. =(
- Fish paste
- 100g mince pork
- 1 small white onion, diced
- season with pepper ( I didn't add salt coz the fish past can be salty)
- tau pok, egg tofu or whateve that you would like to stuff fish paste with
- spring onion
- simply mix the fish paste, pork & onion into sticky paste
- once paste ready can start to stuff tau pok, tofu, chilli etc
- bring stock to boil & add tau pok, tofu etc
- once all ingredients start to float, it's done
- garnish with spring onion & serve
I served my soup with mince meat mee pok.