Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Tomato rice with Hambuger

This is the 1st time I've made tomato rice. Another 1 dish kind of thing which is great for a weekend meal. I've made the burger patties before, but I usually serve it with buns. One thing I've realised though, frozen beef taste much better than thawed beef in the chiller sections. The ones at the chiller were probably left there for hours, some are even discoloured. So personally, I prefer to buy frozen beef & thaw it myself. Fat cheeks like the tomato rice but she picked out all bits & pieces of french beans I've added. Vege & kids just don't go together...Hahaha...

Burger Patty
Ingredients:
- 400g mince beef
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- season with salt & pepper

Method:
- mush all ingredients with your hands till sticky (believe me, there's a difference when you used your hands)
- form patties & pan fry till cooked

Tomato rice
Ingredients:
- washed uncooked rice
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- french beans
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- chicken stock

Method:
- brown onion & garlic
- mix rice with tomato puree, carrots, french beans, browned onion & garlic
- cook rice in rice cooker with chicken stock
- serve rice with burger patty & salad on the side.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, yummy! I wanna try making it too. :D

    ReplyDelete